Saturday, November 17, 2007

MBA @ ISB - The first 5 Terms

There I sat in my first MBA class
Dreaming of my brand equity one year hence
The liabilities (loan!) thought put me off
Relax, said the economics prof, MR = MC
Trust the normal curve, whispered my neighbor!

Acquaintances were made, and a few good friends
Fiscal deficits and money supply became the way of life
Kill the SAMA; create the VODITE; in my dreams too!
Learnt the art of being "hindsight clever" aka u-kno-wat!
And Monte Carlo ceased to be just a brand of sweaters!

A few new friendships made, some grew apart!
Seinfeld and goal, Littlefield and queues,
Value the company, value the project; value my time puhleaze!
ABC is not just the first three alphabets, neither the channel,
VC is not just vice chancellor and Angel investors aren't pretty!

The last core term, step up the throttle!
Markowitz just sounds cool; term 'structure' ain't sexy!
More is to "bow tie" you see, dialectical inquiry, say what??!!
Errr...which is the favorite brand whiskey of amartya sen?
Need some 2-sided network externalities, or a beer will do!

Yippee core terms are over; the worst is just to begin!
Will I get a fixed income in the future?
Do I have an option on my future?
Will my moment of truth in February be invisible?
Don’t know friends, baithkar batcheet karenge!!!!

7 comments:

Quest said...

Just too cool [:)] An absolute recap of the first 5 terms.

Can't believe we've sailed through all this [:)]

VKM said...

thx rch..
true. when you look back, it was all so fast...7 months! whew!

Unknown said...

All the best :)

Deepak Chembath said...

Lovely post da :)

Maria George said...

awesome one!

VKM said...

saravana, thanks.

dc and daagini - dank u dank u :)

Anonymous said...

Eda kidilamzzz..........eee kakikhullillee kavi hridayam njan manusilaakhillaaa !!!