Friday, April 01, 2005

Books!!!

Books. What better friend can a person have? You can turn to it when u are happy, when u are sad, when u feel lonely and when u feel tensed. Well, maybe when u have a headache, it wouldn’t be too good an idea!! Lol!!
I love books and they have been an important part of my growing up. When I used to be asked what I wanted as a birthday present, I would immediately come up with the name of the latest hardy boys or three investigators!!!
Like a lot of people, my transition followed this path.
The five find outers, Famous Five
The Three investigators
Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew (This was a craze)
Perry Mason
Agatha Christies (yeah, I know Sherlock Holmes is missing….it didn’t happen to me!! L )
Doctor Whos (this was a craze)
James hardly chases (I wish I could go back and un-read ‘em!!)
Sidney Sheldons
Jeffrey Archers
Frederick Forsyths
John Grishams
Erich Segals
Ayn Rands
Richard bachs
Mario Puzos
Rushdhies
Harry Potters

And the list goes on…..and in between these, the odd ones which would touch your heart like Anne frank….and yet others like god of small things which was so much hyped and well…no comments…I guess I have not yet become an intellectual giant to comment up on this one!! And those satirical ones – Heller….u are great!!

And of course those Archies and Tintins (was not very fond of asterix).
And even before that there was this small magazine called wisdom which was nice…..and then another Russian one called Misha of which I have fond memories!!!
Gimme a book anytime and leave me alone, I will be happy!!!

No comments: