Sunday, April 22, 2007

Azhage Sugama

Recently came across a Tamil song from a movie which was released a couple of years ago. The movie was an average one, but I cannot think of a reason why i never came across this song before. Pure soulful melody by the maestro ARR.
I wonder why this one didn’t make it to the top of the charts, if it did, then i missed it.
Beautiful and meaningful lyrics, soulful rendering and a subtle, yet touching background. This is music at its
best.

"Poetry in motion" as somebody who, while telling me about this song and forcing me to listen to this, described this.
I cannot agree more. This song transcends the surroundings and takes you to a totally different plane.
Go here for the sad version - Azhage Sugama

2 comments:

News Karnataka said...

Hey hi Vinod!!! nice to see your blog.

ARR is Genius ... Raja is Mastreo :)

I know you like both:)

Mridul said...

i seem to have missed it to ... not that i follow tamil music as much as i would love to.
really nice song !