Wednesday, July 04, 2007

An Ode

I was blinded by my instinct
which, often was my best friend
to separate the best and worst of the lot
A trust broken, a promise not held
scars, deep engraved and unhealed
cautious, wary and scared of, encores
how easily someone comes once in a while
and crosses the self inflicted barriers
breaks into your personal space and
makes you feel worthy, of being important
breaking away the emotional fortress
which I thought was strong and
took pains to build, through indifference
keeping away possible acquaintances
for a life, maybe a little less mirthful
but a lot easy and un-hurtful
little did I realize that, sometimes
visitors, uninvited, who wander in
makes a difference, and how!

4 comments:

Quest said...

How I wish I could make a hattrick on this post ,, by saying .. I t hink I know the person being referred. But Alas ! not this time.

Well written.

Greishma said...

You are a star sir.. and this is meant in the unsarcastic sense entirely!

VKM said...

quest,
yeah, it would be tough for you to get this rite! :)

G,
Moi flattered!

Kau said...

They say that walls only hold us back ..the rest of the world finds its way in any ways ...Good post !
Kau