Monday, July 09, 2007

A "Term 2" Forget!

I honestly cannot remember what date is it today unless I look at my inbox calendar or watch (yeah, note the order!). Seriously! The only way in which we realize that the dates are going past is the reduced redundant constraint of how many more weeks/days to the exam! So you may ask, if I know the exam date and number of days for the exam, cant I calculate the date?
That’s the whole point! I know that the exams are “next week”, but I don’t know which date!!! Unless of course I am planning to go home and have booked tickets for the next day!
So what’s the whole point?
Well, the point is that this place has a knack of making us lose sense of the time, the day, the month etc. there have been lot of occasions when I had to actually stop and think which month this is. Time flies so fast that you really never get an opportunity to savor a good meal or a good night’s sleep or a good couple of hours of game of badminton or good extended moments of chatting and time pass with your friends. (Well I said “Extended” because this activity happens anyways!).
Your whole life seems to be moving from one assignment to a case to an exam to a presentation to a meeting to another assignment to the class and so on…the link never breaks except for the parties once in a while. But even those have become monotonic now!
It’s almost like its one endless day with mini nights in between, for the entire week. There is no concept of weekends at ISB. These are the times when you are most loaded with work to do.
The second term has been particularly excruciating and most of the junta I know is waiting for the term to get over. On my part, Markstrat and Global Eco were the two topics which I enjoyed, one for its learning quotient and the other purely because of my interest in the topic.
Of course, being taught by Professor Jagmohan Raju was an experience in itself and I feel good about it. I am sure this would be an experience on which I would count back up on, some time in the future!

5 comments:

Kau said...

waqt ka kya bharosa - banke paani beh jaye ...you never know when you are making a memory - make the most of it !

Kau said...

lol! ..maybe you should send me a list of your fav mushy moments ..you seem to have liked that post ..i always knew the guys secretly liked chick flicks !! ..:) kidding !

Mridul said...

hmm, I dont know about you - but I never had a sense of time, unless I was not doing anything interesting (which is rare ...).
heck, even games can completely take over your life to the extent of making you forget to eat, attend classes, or interact with others (to be read as: third year, pc lan :-D).

I am coming back to your blog after ages, keep blogging !

VKM said...

kau,
:)
in my defense, you've got mail more than compensates for carried bradshaw!

susk,
good to see u back..yeah i remember those years!!
its fun when u are absorbed in something u find interesting..what is all of it is not interesting! :)

Satish Bhat said...

Hang on...just "one more week" left !!!