Monday, May 14, 2007

A Month And Counting..

Today, Its been exactly one month I have been at ISB. One month and how fast it went by.
On second thoughts, it actually feels more than one month!
This place has a knack of making you feel that you have been here for an eternity, at the same time the frequent reality checks (which is a euphemism for assignments/exams (at least for me!)) makes you feel that the time is running by. The mid terms are barely 4 days away and the preparation levels can be at best, described as pathetic.

Everybody is relying on the fact that the scores are relative, but tell me, if everybody thinks it is relative, isn’t it non-relative?

I don’t have high hopes of getting into the deans list and I have not come across people who are fanatical about that..well with the exception of a couple of them.

Isn’t it ironic that
economics (a subject that I hated in school),
statistics (a subject that I hated in college),
accounting (a subject that’s totally new to me, an engineer) and
marketing (a subject that I am not suitable for) is going to make me a 12.5 % MBA?
Well, if I don’t flunk them, that is.

I should say that there are a lot of exceptional guys in the batch and that getting to know them is one thing that I should be thankful to ISB for. I know around 120 odd people in the batch and intend to increase that number by the end of the first term. Well, at least I should be good at networking, if not in the studies right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

c'mon, don't underestimate ur preps like that.

Mridul said...

man, 4 years in rec and i doubt if you thought about exams and preps so much during last few sems there :-P

But, let me not discourage you - all the best !